Saturday, August 27, 2011

What's Cooking?

Okay, so I know that this blog is about learning new levels of craftiness, and not about cooking, but lately I've discovered a dish that I can't help but share.

I've recently discovered the joy and seductiveness that is Stumpleupon.com.  For those of you that have yet to enjoy what Stumpleupon has to offer, it is a website that takes you on a wonderful tour of the internet based upon what interests you.  My interests happen to include food (obviously) and I am constantly being shown wonderful recipes and blogs about recipes.  Stumbleupon has a wonderful feature that allows you to "favorite" a site that you like and you can revisit it later.  That, my friends, is how I "stumbled" upon (hehe) this delicious recipe.

Soon after arriving at our new home we were gifted with a sack of potatoes.  Now, personally, I always found potatoes to be a little too much work for me to want to cook with them often.  I was not, however, keen on the idea of letting the potatoes go to waste.  The first day I peeled what felt like a million potatoes (and I have the scars to prove it) to prepare for freezing.  Hubs loves potato soup so those will be perfect to pull out of the freezer on a cold day.  The rest went to cooking them however I could fit them in.  We had potatoes for days.  Then I happened upon the recipe I am about to share with you and what did I do the other day? I bought another bag of potatoes so I could make them again. :)

 whatsgabycooking.com/parmesan-roasted-potatoes is where you can go to see the recipe as I first found it.  This second time I made them I added half an onion that I had on hand.

The first time I made this dish I had left overs.  I heated them up the next night with a little olive oil in a skillet and they were still just as delicious.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment