Sunday, July 17, 2011

I've got skills...well, sorta...

Okay, for today's post I would like to share with you some examples of my present state of craftiness. This way the online world will have an idea of how I started out, what I am currently capable of doing, and how much (if any) progress I have made on my quest.

First off - Scrapbooking.  In the first scrapbook I did (my daughter's first year) I mainly relied on stickers (I LOVE stickers).  I didn't really feel comfortable doing any writing freehand because I didn't want there to be any mistakes (which there were anyways).  Then, after a while, and after some deep reflecting on my part, I decided that it wouldn't be a bad thing to have mommy's personal touch on my child's book of memories, mistakes and all.  With this realization, I started leaning towards more journaling and free-hand letters in my daughter's second year scrapbook.  Here are some pictures to show examples:














You will notice the progression of adding the journaling aspect. This is the end of the first year book.  Next is the first page of my daughter's second year book.


In this page I opted to use a stencil instead of stickers for the title.
More from the 2nd year:




Okay, now quickly a look at a few of my bows that I have made.  Somehow a few of the other's have gotten misplaced...don't know how that happens ;)

Okay, there you go.  Feedback, critiques, questions??? Let me hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment