Monday, November 7, 2011

Slowly but Surely...

I have recently been documenting my quest to find cheap ways to decorate my young daughters bedroom.   We had an old wooden wall shelf with pegs gathering dust in the garage so I set about refashioning it to contribute to Z's somewhat barren walls.

Pretty banged up after 2 moves.

I first sanded this down after digging around in my husband's tool box for sandpaper scraps (shh, don't tell him).  I used leftover wall paint to give the shelf a nice neutral color.

I decided after looking at the plainness of the shelf, that I should use this opportunity to try my hand at decoupage.  I even found this on Pinterest and made my own modge podge.


At first I didn't really have a vision, but, after I drug out all of my miscellaneous crafting supplies, I decided on what materials I wanted to add and went from there.  I had some chipboard and cut out a scroll designs for the side out of scrapbook paper.


I also used some fabric scraps I thought were cute and a die cut for the rest of my design.  As an after thought I hot glued some buttons I found in the bottom of my sewing basket as embellishments.




I decided to make this shelf multifunctional by reusing yarn and clothes pins that I actually recieved at Z's baby shower almost 5 years ago (tear).

Displaying some art masterpieces.

It is a big hit already and I haven't even decided what to put on the shelf.  Maybe that's another craft for another day...

Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment