Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been one of those days...

There are many moments during my days of being a stay-at-home mom where I just want to crawl into bed with a bag full of chewy Jolly Ranchers and watch episodes of Charmed.  Unfortunately, I doubt my children would appreciate me telling them to fend for themselves - "get your own food, change your own diaper!"  Yeah, don't think that would go over so well.  Today I woke up tired, with a headache and in an incredibly foul mood.  However, yesterday I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and got supplies for an art project I promised my 4 year old we could do, and could not let her down.  So, after putting mister to bed, I cleared a section of the dining room table and set the supplies out.

I had previously posted about the lack of decor in my daughters room and my quest to remedy it as cheaply as possible.  Today's activity was to make art to hang in her room using paint and canvas which I got on sale, two for $3.99.  Not bad!

During my internet surfing that occupies most evenings while watching post season baseball, I came across a picture that someone had posted of homemade art.  I didn't pin it (for all you pinterest junkies) and therefore was unable to find it again as a reference for todays activity.  So, I just kinda winged it.

I gave my daughter a canvas to do with as she wants and the two of us set about creating a masterpiece. ;-)


She's working so hard.

Showing off her painted feet.  She thought I was a little crazy I have to admit.

Mommy's finished work.  Not great I admit.  The caterpillar was made with missy's fingerprints. She thought that was hilarious.

She decided her picture needed a Caterpillar too.

And her finished product.  It's a flower and a caterpillar. 

All in all, a pretty good way to spend the morning and my horrible mood is somewhat lightened.  I guess painting is therapeutic....

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Great ideas. I'll have to post a picture of Abbey's first canvas...her's is a little more abstract. ;-)

    ReplyDelete