Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two in one day - WOW

Well, after my last blog post this morning I decided to peruse the internet and find a craft that could be done with materials I had on hand.  I decided to try this t-shirt head band with an old t-shirt I had lying around.

I have like 10 of these so it was an easy decision.

I wasn't sure how big I wanted my strips so I cut them about 1 inch wide.  Next time I will do narrower strips.  I also do not own a sewing machine so I had to do the stitching the old fashioned way.


I pinned this to my pants and found the process quite easy and fast.  My weave isn't as neat as the one in the tutorial but I like it.


I glued on the final piece.  It will be an experiment to see how well it stays together.


Pretty pleased with it myself.  My dome is huge so this one is for my daughter.

She likes it.  Then little brother had to have his picture taken too.


He doesn't have enough hair for a headband.  Okay, who wants one? :)

UPDATE:

I also made this next one using thinner strips.  I love how you can also clip a bow on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment